August Balancing Update for Clash of Clans Account
The Maintenance Break for one of the most controversial Clash of Clans Update is just finished for Clash of Clans Account owners. With all the discussion beforehand; Supercell never told us any exact numbers. They always said words like “increase”, “slower” or “increased”.
Update Breakdown for Clash of Clans Account Changes
Here is the announcement and the full history of this update:
Here are the things I gathered; the exact changes so you can get yourself a picture how this update will affect your own attacking.
Cannon DPS Changes August Update – The DPS of the Cannon Level 11 to Level 14 got a boost – here’s what Supercell exactly did:
- Cannon Level 11 – Old DPS: 75 / New DPS: 80
- Cannon Level 12 – Old DPS: 86 / New DPS: 95
- Cannon Level 13 – Old DPS: 98 / New DPS: 110
- Cannon Level 14 – Old DPS: 110 / New DPS: 120
So overall the Cannon deal between 7% and 9% more damage, which is not too much to make Cannons too overpowered in my first impression. I also have to admit I haven’t executed tons of attacks yet so I will have an eye on that.
Clash of Clans Troops Changes
Here are some of the changes made of Clash of Clans Troops and defenses for this month’s update;
Miner Movement Speed Reduction
- The Miners’ movement speed was 24 before the update and it got reduced to 20. This makes it only a little slower.
- The more interesting thing to see will be if the voices claiming that this will make him even powerful because staying behind other troops and longer inside a Healing Spell range will be right – hopefully not.
Eagle Artillery Activation
- Before the update the Eagle Artillery was activated when 150 housing space was dropped (Heroes count 25 and each spell housing space 5).
- Hard to tell from my first attacks what happened, but it looks like the Eagle Artillery still got activated on 150 Housing Space. I want to make some more attacks to be sure.