Weighing your Defensive Power for Clash of Clans Account
I know there are some more hardcore strategies out there for your Clash of Clans Account – the .5 strategies, the minimax bases etc. In this post I want to talk about the general things you should consider when upgrading with the clear focus of helping you in Clan War.
Defensive Weight for Clash of Clans Account
The essential thing is called War Weight, that’s the indicator that will reflect your strength and also has a big influence in the matchmaking. The matchmaking algorithm is checking a lot fo things, but the two main things is the Town Hall structure of your clan and the other thing is the total war weight your clan has.
You see keeping your war weight low means you might have the luck to get an easier matchup in Clan War.
War Weight on Defenses;
- Cannon: 88-100 per Level
- Archer Tower: 88-100 per Level
- Walls: 200 per Level
- Wizard Tower (< Level 4): 360-450 per Level
- Wizard Tower (> Level4): 200-290 per Level
- Air Defense: 50 per Level
- Mortar: 370-450 per Level
- Hidden Tesla: 100 per Level
- Air Sweeper: 20 per Level
- X-Bow: 300-350 per Level
- Inferno Tower: 2350-2950 per Level
- Eagle Artillery: 5200-4750 per Level
- Hidden Bomb: 100 per Level
- Spring Trap: 20 per Level
- Giant Bomb: 150 per Level
- Air Bomb: 100 per Level
- Seeking Air Mine: 15 per Level
- Skeleton Trap: 80 per Level
Upgrading Defense over Clash of Clans Troops
Looking at the numbers above and it will get you an impression. Here are my tips for you how you should upgrade your defenses to get the best return in Clan War.
- Upgrade Air Defenses! They weight almost nothing and help you a lot, especially in TH9 and lower
- Upgrade the Air Sweeper, it’s almost for free in War Weight
- Prevent Wall upgrades early in the game. They weight a lot (and you have many of them). If you upgrade all your 200 Walls from Level 8 to Level 9 you are getting added 20,000 War Weight! That’s double the amoung of a maxed Eagle Artillery!
- Eagle Artillery and Inferno Tower should not be your prrority upgrades, unless you have maxed most of the other ones
- Upgrading Traps is always ok, especially Spring Traps
- Prioritize point defenses (Hidden Tesla, Archer Tower etc.) over splash damage.
I think you now have an idea which upgrades are valuable for your clan and which one isn’t. Of course it’s always reasonable to do the upgrades for your defense and Clash of Clans Troops that will help you because you use them often and War Weight shouldn’t be the only thing to think about when upgrading